Thursday, April 26, 2012

What I learned creating my book cover project!




While creating my book covers, I learned that their is a thing as too much of something.  You don't want to take away the viewers eye from the main thing like the title of the main concept of your design.  For example, in my design, I want the viewer to notice the girl's face profile first to identify who the book is about, then see the title.  I also learned that when creating a series, you don't want every book to look the same.  Then all books won't be special in their own way or memorable.  You need something to catch the audiences eye, in each book. Each being different.  Also, use different color schemes to differentiate the books.  Having the same colors throughout the series will make the deign blah.  Spice it up with colors that relate to each book.  I think i used this technique well in my series.  I overall really liked this project. Very fun and unique!


No comments:

Post a Comment